Friday, May 28, 2010

Farmers' Market Love

I can't wait for Saturdays to roll around, not just because it's the weekend but because I get to go to the Green City Market!



Here's the loot from the my last Green City Market trip:

Cippolini Onions and Shallots from Nichols Farm and Orchard

Fresh Asparagus from Mick Klug Farm (we use his produce at the Park Grill). I snuck one of his a freshly picked strawberry from the kitchen the other day that was just bursting with flavor.

Sage from Growing Home, a non-profit organization that offers job training and employment opportunities to homeless and low-income people by teaching them organic farming as well as business and life skills.

Crisp and spicy arugula. It was delicious!

A Prairie Dropseed, mixed milk cheese from Prairie Fruits Farm . It was so good I had to hide it in the back of the fridge so my husband wouldn't eat it all. More on Prairie Fruits Farm to come....

I hope I see you at the market tomorrow. I'll be the one in the Florida Gators baseball cap!

No comments:

Post a Comment